"'In my food world, there is no fear or guilt, only joy and balance" -Ellie Krieger
As a clinical social worker, educator, and parent, I am passionate in helping individuals and schools to build strong nutrition programs that help children develop positive relationships with delicious and healthy foods.
To ensure that our children grow up with healthy bodies and minds, it is crucial that we teach them healthy habits from a young age and to care for the environment that feeds us.
As an example, I collaborated with Lainer School Preschool (previously Sinai Akiba) to implement a school wide nutrition program. Through this unique collaboration we have:
- Created a step by step action plan for a healthy school
- Created a healthy snack program that is provided to all children
- Reformed school policies to reflect research-driven recommendations
- Integrated physical education, nutrition, and gardening into the existing curriculum
- Educated staff and parents on current research, guidelines, and strategies for keeping kids healthy at home and in school
My vision is to help parents and educators throughout Los Angeles become part of the initiative to nourish our children from the inside out.